A fork/clone of the subversion xar repository from http://xar.googlecode.com/svn/ that includes several enhancements and bug fixes including very basic command line signature support (master branch).
This fork/clone of the xar project includes all the original history (tags, branches, etc.) and wiki pages from the subversion repository with the following changes:
- The .wiki pages were converted to a GitHub-friendly .wiki format
- User-specific Xcode project files were omitted
- Non-ASCII text files that were not UTF-8 were converted to UTF-8
- The subversion http://xar.googlecode.com/svn/trunk was converted to the git trunk branch
See the xar_README.txt and
Modified BSD license
See also the LICENSE file.
The xar command line utility program and the libxar library have been built successfully with full support for gzip, bzip2 and lzma/xz compression on these platforms:
- Darwin (aka OS X)
- Known to work on versions 10.4 and later both powerpc and intel.
Probably works fine on earlier versions too.
- Known to work on versions 2.6.32 x86_64 and i686. Should work fine on any GNU/Linux system.
- Known to work on version 8.1 i386. Should work fine on any FreeBSD or related system.
- Known to work on version 1.7.5 i686. Should work fine on any recent Cygwin version too.
Other unix-ish/linux-ish platforms that support sh, configure scripts, GNU make, libxml2, OpenSSL’s libcrypto and zlib (libz) should build just fine. The bzip2 and lzma compression support is optional. Any other platforms may require some effort but if libxml2, libcrypto and zlib can be built on a platform probably libxar and xar can too (with some work).
You can download the raw source files of this project in either
You can also clone the project with Git
git clone git://github.com/mackyle/xar
Pre-bootstrapped source tarballs (i.e. do not require autotools and have a pre-generated configure script) are available for these tags:
- xar-1.6.1.tar.gz Pre-bootstrapped source tarball (tag: xar-1.6.1)
See also the project’s downloads area.
Git Repository Browser
Repository browsers are available at: