Various projects I work on
Some get more love than others – time permitting. And some are not even listed here…
- Git OS X Installer
- Universal Git OS X Installer for Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later that includes translations and optionally
curl, gpg and TopGit. Notably send-email, imap-send and instaweb work out-of-the-box; SHA-256 and other SHA-2
certificates are fully supported even on Mac OS X 10.4 and Mac OS X 10.5 and the system’s
standard keychains are used for the default root certificates. See link for downloadable installer packages.
- Sol Dashboard Widget
- Dashboard widget for OS X 10.4.3 or later that shows sunrise and sunset times for the current location or
for anywhere in the world.
- Unofficial SQLite Git Mirror
- An unofficial mirror of the SQLite sources. See the link for more information. Also available from
here. I do not work on SQLite, just making a mirror of the sources available
- Git log --oneline with who & when
- Compact git log --oneline alternative that includes who & when. See link for screen shots, help and installation
- Blocks Runtime Library
- Allows one to use the clang block C-language extension on
- fakeroot utility
- Allows one to pretend to be root while creating various installer packages.
An OS X installer is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and later. See the link for details.
- cgdb OS X Installer
- An OS X installer for Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later for cgdb the curses debugger.
- squishyball OS X Installer
- An OS X installer for Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later for the squishyball audio comparison tool (A/B, A/B/X, X/X/Y testing).
You can see a screen shot of it here and
- sudo update for OS X
- A convenient way to build and install a version of sudo (1.7.10p7) that does not suffer from the authentication bypass bug on older Mac OS X
systems but contains all the standard OS X sudo tweaks. This is not needed unless you’re running 10.7.0-10.7.4, 10.8.0-10.8.4 (and for some reason cannot upgrade to
10.7.5 or 10.8.5) or are running a version prior to 10.7.0 as updates have been issued for 10.7.5, 10.8.5 and 10.9.0 and later. See the link for more information.
- eXentensible ARchiver (XAR)
- An updated version of the xar archiver with primitive signing capability and many bug fixes.
Safari extensions are signed xar archives.
- strip tease tool
- An updated version (with downloadable binaries) of the strip tool (called tease) originally from the Camino browser
project that can strip signatures (and other things) out of executables. See the link for more information.
- Perian A52 Codec with pass through bug fix
- The bug fix to make AC-3 pass through work has been picked up but is not in any released version of Perian. If you need
working AC-3 (aka A52) pass through support with Perian you can download a pre-built copy of A52Codec.component with the
fix. See the link for details.